Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken


As we prepared to be married, sweet hubby and I registered for things that we thought we could use in our new home together. At first we registered for the basics: plates, cups, towels (we're simple)... and then we moved on to gadgets that we had heard tale of and felt we could benefit from (we're hopeful)... and then we got slap happy with the scanner and registered for things we had no idea how to use (we like adventures). Fortunately, our friends and family really spoiled us with some incredible household gifts and among the many incredible gifts we received was a crock pot.

If you do not know the joy of cooking with a crock pot, drop whatever you're doing now and go buy one! Seriously! They are worth every penny, especially if you lead a busy or unpredictable life (like us). Generally, if you want to eat really good food, cooking takes time. If you can make the time to cut up the ingredients, set a timer and press start... Crock pot is a miracle worker--she cooks all day sans supervision and welcomes you home after a busy day with the smells of heaven on a biscuit, with homemade dinner waiting for you, hot and ready to enjoy it.

Crock pot is my favorite kitchen appliance, and it has a permanent spot on our counter.

For Tasty Tuesday, I am going to share a Pintrest find, my most recent favorite (and super easy) crock pot meal:

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken

You will need:
3 lb. pack of chicken breasts (thawed)*
*my friend says thaw it in the fridge, not on the counter
1 bottle Frank's Wings Buffalo Sauce (this brand is essential)
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
2 TBSP butter

Step by step:
1. Put chicken (thawed), wing sauce, and ranch dip mix into crock pot.
2. Cook on low 6 hours.
3. Using two forks, shred chicken in crock pot (it will shred easily).
4. Stir well and add butter.
5. Cook on low for an additional hour.


You can serve it on a toasted hoagie roll, in tacos, on top of nachos, inside quesadillas, or even on top of your salad...we loved it every way that we tried it! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Sweet hubby and I HIGHLY recommend it! Try it and let me know what you think. :)

Today I am thankful for: my homemade quilt (made by my Mamaw Sue) at the end of a cold day.

5 comments:

  1. I have recently fallen in love with my crock pot, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish! Where do you find that brand of BBQ sauce? I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sara(h)s!

    @Sarah C: you can get the wing sauce at Kroger! So yummy-- and not too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A crock pot has been a staple in our kitchen for more than 40 years ... it's a God-send to a busy working mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob and I tried this last weekend and it was WONDERFUL. We put in Mac and Cheese with veggies and it was amazing. I'm going to use the left over chicken tonight by wrapping it up in croissants and baking it. So excited. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete